Well fast forward to a couple of months ago. My arthritis dr always ran a pregnancy test with my other labs I was getting drawn. Just because I was already getting my blood drawn so why not. I got my labs done one morning at my work because it was a fasting lab so I wanted to do it in the morning. Around 11:00am I got a call at my desk phone from my dr. She said "Liz, you're pregnant." I said "No I'm not." She said "Yes, the test came back positive!" I said "I have to call you back." I had a patient at my desk staring at me like I was crazy and I was trying to process this information. I had to redo that girls chart 3 times before I got it right. My head was no where to be found that day. I didn't want to tell David over the phone so I called Kateka. Bless her freaking heart. She was so excited for me and helped me plan the best way to tell David that night. She called David and told him we should all go to dinner and her and her husband had some news to tell us. After Kateka got off work we met up and planned how to tell him. Since we were together already we met the boys at their house and went to Olive Garden. Kateka gave David this little gift bag with the surprise inside. He opened it and found this.
Sorry, I don't know how to flip that. Anyways he stared at it for a minute and then looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "Your pregnant?" He never thought it would happen this way for us. He was way more skeptical then I was the whole time we were trying. Since it had been 10 months and nothing was happening he thought we'd have to adopt or do IVF or some other method and that broke his heart. Obviously we all sat at the table like a bunch of boobs and cried for a second before pulling ourselves together.
Since then we've had several ultra sounds and tests to make sure my high risk pregnancy is going well. I've never focused or worked so hard in my life to keep my blood sugars down and under control. I have to work to get this baby here healthy but I can't think of anything I want to do more. I feel extremely blessed that it happened now, when the timing is right. I know the Lord had full control of that even when I felt like maybe he wasn't paying much attention to our situation. I know many others that have tried for longer to get their babies here and I'm grateful for the perspective I have and for the gospel in my life. I always knew in the back of my head I would get my baby the way that was right for me and at the right time.

6 comments:
Ah! My messy house in the background!! Liz, this totally made me tear up. I am so happy for you. I LOVED being a part of this night. It was so special!
Oh, and love, to rotate a picture, you have to rotate it before you post it on the blog (like with PAINT, or PHOTOSHOP or whatever program you use), resave it in your documents and then post it to the blog. Maybe there is an easier way to do it, but that's how I do it.
I love how you told David! And I loved his reaction! Priceless!
How cute! I cried reading this.. Congrats Liz.
How awesome Liz!!! I am SO happy for you!! I know you are going to be an amazing mom!!!
ps I got a new blog .. so Send me your email on FB and Ill send you an invite!
CONGRATS again!! YAY!
AHHHHHHHH I am so embarrassed I dont
talk to you more and had to find out
you are having a baby over Blog Stoking
ha ha ha AH Im calling you ASAP.
MOMMY LIZ and DADDY DAVID i cant believe it
I am so excited for you two!
I LOVE YOU!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Post a Comment