Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kinect

For Christmas Santa brought David and I Kinect for the xbox360 (or whatever the newest version of the xbox is). If you haven't heard about Kinect you 1st of all have been living under a rock and 2nd of all must not have a tech savvy aka obsessed husband like I do. He's been telling me about this remote less wonder for a long time so we agreed this year to mutually give each other the Kinect for Christmas. We got the Kinect off Amazon the second we could (they were so in demand..kind of like the wii a few years ago) so we got it a couple weeks before Christmas. David, of course, wanted to play it right away. I put my foot down and said "NO WAY. We're waiting for Christmas." I've never given David any kind of rules or anything when it comes to xbox or technical stuff in general but this I felt strongly about. There aren't going to be any surprises for each other so we can at least have some anticipation built up for playing the Kinect. Am I a mean wife? I felt mean but I stuck to my guns. We drove down Christmas eve after I got off work and went straight to Grandpa's house for the crazy Christmas eve party with a ton of family and friends. It was great. I'm pretty sure I ate an entire shrimp platter by myself. ;] On Christmas morn we opened all the presents and David immediately started setting up Kinect. The world almost ended because we were missing a cord that hooks Davids xbox into the tv. Luckily David has nerdy cousins too and a cousin that lives close to his mom had an extra. Whew. David hooked it all up and we spent the rest of the weekend doing nothing but eating and playing Kinect with the whole family. Its definitely fun. We have the Kinect adventures and Kinect sports. I've heard the Zumba is to die for so I'll have to look into that but so far we have been entertained with just those 2 games. I didn't take a ton of pictures, plus its hard to capture the action in a photo haha. Here are Jacob and David playing the soccer. I captured the action pretty well in this shot if you ask me!

I've been trying to load a video but for some reason I can never get videos to load on here! Its of David playing the Kinect Adventures. He's swinging his arms around and using his whole body to hit balls at targets. Then when he realizes I'm taking a video of him he tells me to "shut my face". Haha has he been with me too long? Anyways, Christmas was short but great and since then we've had several fun nights playing Kinect. It was a good purchase.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

Will you please post pics of David doing Zumba. No, video. I'd like video please. That will make the Kinect purchase complete. Thanks.

Kateka said...

Oh, I love Kinect! All of us out of breath... Stu flashing crack the whole night.... good times, good times!