Monday, January 17, 2011

The Padgetts

Something I've learned from David and his family is that the friendships in your life are important. They have so many close friends from the moving around when Davids dad was in the army. Its like your family away from your family. Even though my family is here, I still love this mentality of making life long friends and letting them have an impact on your life. I love being close to lots of people. I have several best friends that I would call if I needed something and several mother figures besides my own that I know I could always rely on. How great is that? Everyone can have these types of friendships, you just have to be open and loving to everyone around you. I'm a people person by nature so I love having people over to our house. Whether we're playing/talking/watching a cinematic adventure/or bantering with each other there is nothing I love more then having people around us. I'm blessed with amazing friendships with people that will be Aunts and Uncles to my kids and I love considering them all part of our family.

David's dad went on a mission to Florida. A little bit of Georgia was in his mission and he met a great family named the Padgetts. He stayed close with them over the years and years later he was stationed in Georgia and they got to see them fairly often. The whole family became close to them and its stuck over the years. When Davids parents divorced the Padgetts stayed as close with Kelly as they did to Scott. They loved her and the kids and wanted to always be a part of their lives despite knowing Scott first or having any "loyalties" to him. They didn't judge or pick sides. You can love everyone and I don't see this attitude as much as I wish I did. Recently the Padgetts were in town and I got to meet them for the first time. They are such great people. We chatted WAY later then we should have since I had to work the next day at 6:30am but I loved getting to know them. I'm so impressed with how warm and welcoming they were to me. I might even consider making a trip to Georgia (despite the humidity and bugs) to see them sometime. I love friendships like these and can't wait to keep the ones we have forever and make more as we go.

1 comment:

Kateka said...

Oh, they sound absolutely delightful. I love being friends with you and your families! I've never known an entire family to be so welcoming!