Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Great Outdoors

If you know me at all you know I don't love spending my time in the great outdoors. I don't love not having a clean indoor toilet at my disposal. I don't love having to hike anywhere. I married a great lover of the outdoors man. What was I thinking you might ask, well to be honest I dont know. haha (kidding)

Memorial day weekend we did a lot of outdoors stuff. We hiked up to a waterfall. Technically we drove to right in front of it and then I had to hike up the road a little. It was still terrible. On the way up there we encountered a few trees that had fallen in the road. One big dead tree was completely blocking the road. David's step dad Ted didn't even blink and just got out with a huge chain to pull it off the road. Then he took an ax and chopped off some of the lower pieces so we could fit around it. Then he told me to pull the car around it. Ha that was sooooo not happening. Kelly and David did the hard work, I just sat in the car and screamed a little.


Kelly controlling the truck while pulling the big tree with the chain. She's braver then I am!
David and I up towards the top of the waterfall
We went to the desert the next day. We went to a place that we had visited before. A long time ago David carved into a stone -David loves Liz-. We climbed back over to see if it was still there. It was. I almost lost my life trying to get there. It is really down the side of a mountain, and then back up the side of a mountain, and then down the side of a mountain again. But it was worth it. Then David, Kelly, and Ted rode their bikes while I followed behind them in the car at 7.5 miles an hour. It was amazing.

I don't know why its turning this picture sideways..it wasn't taken like that. Just give your neck a little stretch.

I do love my family in law. I love that I get to do these things with them. I also love watching movies or shopping with them but whatever ;]

2 comments:

Kateka said...

I love how outdoorsy and fun David's family is too. I love them all!!

Laura Edwards said...

Ah- this all seems fun!