Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lovely Randoms

Its time for some compiled randoms that I never blogged about.

Ms. Marilyn Booth--

David spent most of his young life in North Carolina and still has some amazing friends from there. Marilyn Booth is one of them. Her family moved back to England but David found out she was coming to perform at the Conference Center so we met up with some old NC friends who also live here and we went to see her perform. She was the sweetest lady ever and I loved meeting her. Now to go visit her in England :]



Lower Back Tattoo--

Awhile ago David and I went to lunch with Kateka.

 We had sushi and hung out, it was great. (I think Stu was working) Kateka offered to watch Kyla for us so David and I could go see a movie so we took her up on it. We went and saw Moneyball. Little dates after you have kids are so much fun. By the time we got back to her house Stu was home and they were just playing with the babe. Well Kyla needed a diaper change so while David was in the middle of changing it he cracks up and I look over and see this...

Yep. Kateka tramp stamped my daughter. Haha that's a Control 4 tattoo none the less. (that company that does "smart homes" that David's obsessed with) Anyways Kyla's super classy :]

Grandma Pat--

My mom went back to work when I was in elementary school. The first job was rough but then she got a job at Primary Childrens. Besides the grilled cheeses I got when I went to visit her my favorite part was seeing her boss named Pat. One time after a drs appt I had to wait for my mom to get off work and I was EXHAUSTED. I somehow found myself curled up in a chair in the main work area. Pat went and got me a blanket and dimmed the lights in their business office so I could take a good nap! She was my honorary grandma from that point on. I got to work/eat lunch with her for a year or so before she retired and I loved it. She's one of my favorites. We still meet up for lunch and she loves loving on Kyla now. I know she'll be a part of my life forever. Love her guts.


2 comments:

Sheryl said...

I'm going to send her the link to your blog--she is sure part of our family!!!

Kateka said...

AH! I love the picture of the tramp stamp. I need to go get more fake tattoo's. That was probably my best idea ever bar none.