Monday, May 28, 2012

This Girl's Beef

It's no secret Kyla has beef with tummy time. I feel like somehow its my fault but when I think about what I could do differently right now there isn't much. She isn't crawling, she isn't rolling anywhere but OFF her tummy, and she isn't pulling herself up with her arms yet. Sometimes I feel like I'm a bad mom and I must be doing it all wrong. Other times I feel like this kid is so stubborn already that there isn't anything I could/can do to change her. I just hope that someday I can put this exact post on facebook, "We have lift off." Haha I'm kidding. Kinda. Maybe someday I'll fit in on social media. ;] Oh the pressures of our world. I took some pictures during today's almost tummy time...

Sometimes I can get smiles out of her :]

Starts screaming

Gives up

Rolls over
Still yelling at me/trying to recover.
Someday I will blog about her walking and it will be great. Mark my words.

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Ha! I thought you'd post the barfy pic. That was so hilarious. I love the commentary of the pictures. Kyla probably already knows how to crawl and walk she's just putting on a show for you, to live out this last month of being a baby/under one year old. :)

jkzank said...

Liz, you are a great mom! Don't ever question that. You just can't force your kiddo to do anything she isn't ready for, I've tried, doesn't work. Kyla is smart and beautiful and she'll do it all on her time tables and you might miss these pre-mobile days. Love that little black beauty's guts, even if she hates me right now!