This Mothers Day was weird. I've always just thought about my mother and celebrated her but this Mothers Day I was celebrated and it was so great! I didn't really count last mothers day as "my day" when I was so pregnant. I will not argue that technically you are already a mother when pregnant and maybe we should invent a new day honoring prego peeps. It's a lot of work...and the sacrifices start long before you get to hold that beautiful babe but I just decided that I wasn't in the club just yet last year. Maybe I was too concentrated on my huge ankles to worry about it. Well Fathers Day rolled around last year and I worked super hard on David's present...Kyla. She was born at 5:55am Fathers Day 2011. So this mothers day I told David he already had a high bar set ;). Well he measured up big time.
He organized the presents by what he said were my favorite things. First he got me The Vow because I love cinematic adventures and I loved that movie. Second he got me a red scarf because he knows how much I love my red Toms shoes and I've been looking for things to wear them with and finding red stuff is harder then you'd think. Finally he got me a huge framed picture of our family because our family is the most important thing to me. It's the picture that I made the main picture on my blog actually because we love it so much. So now that is proudly hanging on my wall.
I loved everything he did for me that day (until he threw his back out..more on that later) but the best part I thought was his talk in sacrament meeting. The cute man was asked to speak on Mothers Day. He talked about his own mother of course but he talked about me too. He said, "Liz, you are the cinnamon to my sugar, the spice to my life, and the anchor to my soul. I love you." It was the best. It doesn't get more official then over the pulpit people! It was very thoughtful and sweet. I got spoiled.
Ps: Happy Mothers Day to the mothers in my life! I'm very lucky to have them. I especially don't know where I'd be without my mothers support so a shout out to my great mom and everything she is to me. Love you mama.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
DAVID SPOKE IN CHURCH AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US?! I'll never forget this but I'll forgive you. That is really sweet. You two are so adorable together. So happy you two found one another and get to celebrate each other being the parent to your beautiful daughter. Happy Mothers Day, Liz!
Post a Comment