Friday, February 10, 2012

Bruges Waffles and Frites

Oh.my.gosh I die. David suggested this joint the other night for dinner with his fam. He was the only one that had been there before. He guided us in what to get and bless him for doing so. Now I'll guide you. If, when you go there I mean, you must get their machine gun sandwich. Here is the description from the website...
-A hearty lamb merguez sausage served on a fresh baguette, stuffed with our world famous fries and topped with Bruges' favourite andalouse sauce...give it a shot!

Yes. Yes. Give it a shot. I don't jump when I hear lamb but this was actually spectacular. It had just enough spice and the sauce was to die for.

The real gem from this place was a torpedo waffle. Uhhhhmazing. They make their waffles with a dough instead of a batter, they place Belgian chocolate in the middle, and we went the extra mile and got ice cream on top. The warm waffle with melted chocolate and cold vanilla bean ice cream was freaking heaven in my mouth. Try it. You'll be blown away too. Anyway, here's that description from the website...
-Our classic Liège waffle stuffed with two bars of Belgian chocolate melting while you eat it...makes your heart melt!

I disagree on one thing. My heart didn't melt...it stopped.
Here's the link to their menu.. http://www.brugeswaffles.com/menu.php

1 comment:

Kateka said...

This is definitely one of my most favorite places on the planet. Chocolate+icecream+waffle=happiness