Love day is always pretty mellow at our house. This year was no exception. I worked that night so David came home a little early. He got me chocolate covered strawberries as always, bless his guts, and a cute basket filled with lots of treats. David got some white chocolate macadamien nut cookies. Gag. But he loves them so there you go. My cute gifts :)
The biggest thing on my mind was something I was reminded of recently. Love is so great but marriages have to be worked at a little. My little tips for myself...and for my future self re-reading this post. Improve and try to be better for the other person (if not your own happiness) and nurture and build the other person up more then you think you need to just because. Celebrate love everyday and share that with your love. Don't be so critical because there will always be little things if you're looking for them. Be positive and you'll be surprised how those little things aren't even there anymore. Hug each other like you may just never let go and laugh together all the time. Talk about everything (GOOD and bad) and be supportive and compassionate to your love's thoughts. Learn and build and let it go. Be patient and don't expect perfection since you're not giving that yourself. Relish in all the good times and never forget the times that pop up as perfection when you're not looking. Love is too marvelous to let it slip so always do the things above and it won't. I love love and I won't take the love I got with my man for granted. :)
We did get away for a date night on Friday. David's mom was in town so she babysat and we went to sushi and a movie. It felt reckless. Haha like we were childless or something. It was great to spend some one on one time together. Later that night we went out with some friends to take some night pictures up the canyon. It was freezing so I bundled up until I thought I would be hot. We all drove together and when we got there Kateka and I stood outside for probably 5 minutes before getting back in the car because the wind and cold was too much. Haha such girls. Anyways the guys shot for like 3 hours which meant Kateka and I sat for like 3 hours but we still had a fun time. Eating candy/talking about what city girls we are/climbing into the front seats for the seat warmers without touching the cars leather seats with our wet shoes...good times. David, Stu, and Brady got some great shots that I will have to do a whole separate post about. They're pretty great. Either way we had a bedtime of 3:30am that night so we really were reckless.
Hope you all had wonderful love days and even if the concept is stupid I hope you don't take love in whatever shape or form you have it for granted.
Monday, February 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thank you Liz. I needed this lovey post. You two are so reckless! Isn't it great? Miss your guts!
Of the like 8 posts I am behind on reading, this one so far is my favorite. We DID have such a good time that night! Remember how I thought at one point there was someone in a tree staring at us? I am so creepy! But more than that, I love the little advice/reminders you posted here. You're a marriage pro!
Post a Comment