Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our (pathetic) Christmas Tree

This year we didn't even get our Christmas tree until last weekend so it hasn't really felt like Christmas around here. We still haven't gotten all the gifts we need to and only a quarter of our decorations got put up. We're definitely slackers. Don't give us too hard of a time, David's been sick for a month and I'm busy starting a new job. Oh ok, give us a hard time. I sound ridiculous. Once we got our tree we spent a while cutting it down to size and trying to avoid being stabbed to death. Its the sharpest tree ever, I swear! The next day David got the lights out and started hanging them on the tree. Our tree isn't that full but its pretty wide so we ran out of lights about 3 quarters of the way up. Haha it looks pretty funny. We decided since Christmas is literally almost over we wouldn't hang our decorations. This year we will just have a naked, 3 quarter lit tree. I feel pretty good about it. Judge for yourself

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Oh (sparse) Christmas Tree! Oh (sparse) Christmas Tree! How spikey are your branches!!

I love it Liz!

The Shurtleffs said...

Bwahahahaha. I am not judging. I am not. But I may have laughed out loud while reading this post. And then read it to my husband and showed him your lovely tree. He also laughed. Out loud.

But, I am still not judging. Basically for two reasons.
1 - I actually like your tree and I think it is hilarious.
2 - We never got our tree up. We have reasons too. ;)