Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy 10 Years

You've been in my life for 10 years today and I just had to say Happy Anniversary. You were the last thing I expected at the time but you came sweeping right in and changed my life forever. We have definitely been through some rough times together but the last few years have been ok. We've reached an understanding. However, I hate that you are so controlling. You can change my mood faster then the speed of light and then I have to fight tooth and nail to be happy again. You and I are more attached then anyone or anything else in my life. Since you're here to stay I had to learn how to make the best of it. I give you the appropriate amount of attention you require and for the most part you stay happy. If you're happy, I'm happy. I bend over backwards to make sure you're happy, do you ever cut me any breaks? No. But I'm not going to change you so I've accepted you as you are. I am grateful for the lessons you've taught me and for the maturity I know I wouldn't have without you. Since the young age of 12 you've been by my side, pushing me to try harder and never slack. You don't hold back if I slack and I finally learned it was just easier to stop slacking. To say I've enjoyed our life together would be a joke but do I spend my time thinking about how much I hate you? No. So thank you diabetes for helping me figure you out. It took 10 years but I think I have a handle on our relationship. Here's to the rest of our lives together.
xoxo
Liz

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Liz, I am sick and twisted. Your diabetes gives me minor enjoyment. Watching you stab yourself in the middle of a movie theater... my attention goes purely to you. However, I would go without the enjoyment if Diabetes ever COULD leave you alone.

Unknown said...

Okay so this was really clever. I was like...you haven't been with David for ten years! Yeah...felt pretty dumb once I got to the end.