Wednesday, July 14, 2010

3 years ago today....

I was married and dancing at my reception with this guy.
Soon we would be leaving to go to the gas station and clean our hot mess of a car.
Then we would go to the Marriott Hotel where the air conditioning was broken. David would be bargaining with the front desk people explaining how we had been outside all day in 106 degree weather and we needed some freaking air. We would soon be getting into the car to go to the Marriott downtown. I would then realize we had thrown away our marriage certificate in the trash can at the gas station. I had just scooped up all the toliet paper in the backseat and right in the middle of that mess was the peice of paper that proved we were married. The piece of paper that would let us share a room on the cruise because I was under 21. If we couldn't prove we were married they would assume that David kidnapped me and was forcing me on a Carnival Cruise to Mexico with him. We would be racing back to the gas station and literally digging through the trash. We would find it, I will almost passed out with happiness and then we will go to our air conditioned buisness suite downtown.
These last 3 years have been the biggest growing years for me ever. I am so glad I had my best friend next to me with every step. Marriage hasn't always been easy but I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of it. I wouldn't give up all the hard times for anything. I love him more then I ever knew possible.

4 comments:

jkzank said...

So beautiful! That was a fun day. Congrats on 3 years of awesomeness!!

Shelli said...

Hahahaha. You have never told me that story! Well, with a wedding day like that, your marriage is BOUND to last! You guys are so great together! We love you and congrats on 3 great years!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary yesterday! Love you guys!

Kateka said...

That top picture is to die for. I love love love it. I am so happy you to got (and have stayed ;) married! I'd just die without you both.