Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Whoopsie..

David and I are in the middle of finishing the basement as you may have read about. Its a lot more work then I ever knew. Jacob is moving in soon so we are trying to get it done as fast as we can. David is also working full time and going to school 3 days a week so you could say he's been a little stressed. With next week being spring break he decided to take off next Thursday and Friday to relax a little and work on the basement. I decided that taking off next Friday might be fun. We really haven't spent anytime together the last few weeks so why not work on the basement together and maybe even talk a little if we're feeling crazy enough. I called my boss today to make sure that was ok, he was in a pretty great mood and said sure no prob. Its quitting time at work so I'm stoked because its the end of the day and I'm stoked for next Friday off. I take off (forgetting my coat at work in my rush of excitement) and grab my phone as I'm walking out to text David the good news. The text I sent said "Derek said I could have next Friday off with you! :)" I must have been slightly distracted because I sent this text to my boss Derek. Super! He text me back and said "Was this meant for me?" I peed when I saw I sent it to him and wrote back "Nope hahaha". Luckily I didn't say something like "That horrible boss of mine is FINALLY letting me have a day off" cause I can totally see something like that happening to me. As I already mentioned he was in a good mood because he text me back and said "Enjoy UR day off". On a totally different subject why do people take the time to write UR instead of adding 2 more letters to make YOUR? I have never understood that, but to each his own right?
As you may already know I'm trying to lose a couple pounds for my friends wedding that is rapidly approaching. Just so you are aware of where I'm at, I've gained 3 pounds. I've been trying to be more consistent about exercising because I think that's seriously my downfall..and maybe in-and-out chocolate shakes. Last night David and I went for a walk around our development. Picture this..
David: fully dressed in jeans and a long sleeve polo carrying a mag light flashlight.
Liz: Dressed in PJs but I did color coordinate my sweatshirt and tennis shoes.
Why did David have a mag light you might ask? Well just in case someone tries to mug us of course! Every few minutes he turned it on swept the entire area in front and behind us and turned it off and kept walking. I'm married to a nerd..and I love it.

1 comment:

Kateka said...

This is my life (texting or emailing the wrong person AND reading your blog, both = my life). You are so funny!