The first CD David's dad gave to him was Collective Soul. He has LOVED them from that point on. I have always LIKED them but they were never top of my list. Well last year sometime David told me Collective Soul was coming to UT on tour and he had to go see them. When he told me ticket prices I simply said, "Do you really want to spend that much on concert tickets?" He decided not to and that was the end of that. A few months after that he randomly said one day, "Well my favorite band of all time came to town and you wouldn't let me go see them!" I had no idea it meant so much to him. (He should have said yes when I asked him if he really wanted to spend that much) I felt bad and told him that if they ever were to come back we would most definitely go.
Well guess who came back?? Collective Soul! They were touring just their Dosage album which happened to be David's favorite CD. So as promised we got tickets right away. The concert was on Tuesday June 19. That day ringing a bell to anyone? Yep, Kyla's birthday. Haha we left our daughter to go see a concert on her birthday. Its ok right? We celebrated the Saturday before and we went to the zoo the next day and she'll never remember right? At least thats what we tell ourselves. Aunt Allie and Uncle Ben happened to be staying at our house so they watched the babe and we went to 'In the Venue' for the concert. Its teeny which I wasn't amped on because there were a lot of people there. When we finally were able to go into the area where the band performs we booked it upstairs and actually got a pretty good standing spot looking right down at the stage. I watched the pit below get fuller and fuller and kept saying over and over how glad I was that I wasn't involved in that! We had some fun people watching and ended up standing next to a really nice couple that were just as appreciative of us not elbowing them as I was about them not intruding on my space. There was a REAL classy lady and her...boyfriend?...that ended up knowing someone and got to sit in the "VIP" section right in front of us. I can't even tell you how trashy she was because at the mere mention this blog would turn into white trash.
When the band FINALLY came out I was surprisingly loving every minute of it. I couldn't sing along with the rest of the crowd but I sure could rock my little body with them. I fell in love with the energy, the atmosphere, and the man in the pit below that couldn't have been more into it. He either had his hand up fist pumping to the beat or he was beating his hand against his chest to the beat. He was amazing.
Highlights include:
Watching for that amazing man and also the lady in the pink sweatsuit through the entire concert. Both were extremely entertaining.
The people standing next to us getting me in the corner of their picture and joking about it asking, "How do we find you on facebook to tag you in this?" Haha I sure didn't tell them.
Seeing our bishop and a couple other people from our ward. His favorite band too! Small world.
Catching a used drum stick that was thrown to the audience by the lead singer Ed Roland. BEST.MOMENT.EVER. David has it on video actually since he was filming the song when Ed decided to throw a bunch out. Everyone after was high fiving David and wanting to see it. One guy even offered to buy it. No way that was happening!
iphone pictures. What are you going to do. Such a fun date night and now I can't stop listening to the Dosage album on repeat!
Monday, June 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I swear you and David are the luckiest people I know - you just happen to always be the ones to win stuff, or get the free stuff thrown out at concerts! When will your luckiness rub off on me??
I am glad you had a good time - hahaha, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLA!
Post a Comment