Thursday, June 21, 2012

She Calls You Dad

Whether he chooses to believe it or not she says dad. She loves him so much. She laughs for him like no one else. She looks for him when he walks away. She hears the ice machine and starts rocking back and forth thinking its the back door with her dad coming through. She pulls faces that are his spitting image. She looks at pictures of him and beams the biggest smile possible and says dad.

Born on Fathers Day last year she is a true daddy's girl through and through. Happy 2nd Fathers Day David. Thank you for being so sweet, sensitive, loving, funny, playful, and patient with our little girl. She's lucky to have you to call Dad. I cherish the memories I have of you holding and loving her, fighting me to get to her first when she wakes up, and dancing around with her in the hallway. You're the best dad ever.

1 comment:

Kateka said...

Oh, this is precious. Still can't believe she was born on Father's day!

I love the way you write, darling!