You know how some people have "Thankful Thursdays"? Well I am not one of those people. In fact I have the complete opposite. I have Terrible Thursdays for some reason. Recently everything bad has been happening on Thursdays. I got my speeding ticket on a Thursday. I got in my car accident on a Thursday. Now for todays Terrible Thursday story.
My dad got some cataract surgery on his eye this morning. Routine, no big deal type of surgery. He had a check up at the dentist yesterday and they found a cyst in his gums that needed to be taken out right away. So after his cataract surgery this morning he was scheduled for dental surgery in the afternoon. Mid morning I get a call from my mom. She was bawling and extremely panicked. I immediately thought something had happened to my dad in a bloody cataract surgery and he's dead. My mom knew she had panicked me so she said "he's fine, dad's fine. My house got broken into." My heart dropped. Thats terrifying. The things that are missing regardless, someone was just walking around my moms room. Digging through her things. Looking at my second grade picture and our family pictures on the wall and then taking our things. They were very very lucky because all that was taken were the tvs, dvd players, laptop, and Wii. It could have been so much worse. Nothing of true value was touched. Its more about the violation of some Creeper McCreepster lurking until he sees both my parents leave their home, cutting the screen on their bedroom window, and pulling himself into their bedroom, digging by my moms scriptures to take her laptop, walking past the pictures of Christ and the temple to take the tvs, and feeling as though he was entitled to anything he wanted. A "Pam" will very soon be joining their family.
I guess if I was a positive Polly I could turn this Terrible Thursday into a Thankful Thursday as there is much to be thankful for today. But I don't feel like it at the moment so today is just another Terrible Thursday.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good grief. This is straight up crazy. I can not believe that guy was just hanging out in the house making the place his own. Oh, what I'd do to this guy if I could get my hands on him!!
(ps. glad your pop's okay).
Post a Comment