
So I have this great friend. Her name is Abby. Her family owns Raging Waters. I used to work at Rage. (that is where I met my great husband) Abby and I worked together way back then and she is still one of my best friends. She's an amazing wife and mother.
Truly an
inspiration to me. She is one of my favorite people to talk to. I'm lucky because I have been able to see this girl get married to a great guy, have her first baby
Olivea (who is absolutely gorgeous), and now I've seen her getting ready to add a little boy to her family. I got to throw her a baby shower the other night. Luckily I was not in charge of making it darling. Amanda from her ward handled that. I handled the games and a couple of food items. (I'm great at buying things from the grocery store) We played a game of memory. Matching up key things about babies like doctor bills and epidural. (epidermal,
haha) If you got a match I handed out candy that went along with the card. For example doctor bills was 100 grand and epidural was lifesavers. It was fun until I realized I forgot to get a baby
ruth candy bar for baby girl.
Haha I'm ridiculous. Give me a break this was my first baby shower, I waited until the day of to get the cards that you play the game with and the candy bars, and I had a job interview the same day. It was stressful
ok? We played another game where you guess how big Abby's adorable baby belly is with ribbon and whoever guessed the closest got a little prize. I didn't win because I way way over guessed. Abby you're the cutest pregnant lady ever I just got a little excited because I love baby bellies. :]
It was such a fun night. I loved seeing Abby and her cute mom and sisters. I love that whole family and I love how they make you feel like you're apart of their family. I didn't take a ton of pics but here are a couple.
Abbys darling sisters Kallie and Shelby. (Kallie..on the left..is the older one just in case you were wondering ;])

Abby's cute mom Karen. She over measured a little bit too.

Ann, Karen, Kelly, and Gma Dawes

Abby opening her presents

I love you Abby! I'm so excited to meet baby Owen. If he's really really lucky he might be born on my birthday! (for those of you that are wondering, yes I'm counting down to my birthday! 17 days left!)
1 comment:
Okay, Liz, you totally look skinnier. I need to go on the brownie diet. And oh, so tender, your first throwing of a baby shower... I remember my first shower that I threw... and you are right! It can be totally stressful.
Post a Comment