Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Polsons

After counting down the last 5 months with Kellee, August 7th finally arrived. She's married!! It was such a gorgeous day. I honestly can't tell you how much I love this girl. We have the same sense of humor, we want the same things in life, and now we have husbands who love talking about politics, electronics, and other things Kellee and I hate. Kellee and I have been friends for about 10 years. We met in drama class in 7th grade. Kell came up to my group and asked us if she could be in our skit. I was impressed she was that outgoing to come right up and ask us that. We said sure . When she sat down I said something rude about someone I didn't like (imagine that :]) and she said "Well that girl is one of my friends and I like her." From that point on Kellee has been an amazing example to me. Always making me a better person. I have had so many priceless nights with her when I have literally been sore the next day from all the laughing but I have also had more serious talks with her then with most of my friends. She is a happy positive person and I love being around her. This last week I was able to be around her a lot. Her bachelorette party was Wednesday. I went over after I got off work and we went to get mani's and pedi's. Then we went to her party and had so much fun. Sahar went over the top with decorations and party favors. So darling :] (I didn't take any pictures though. Shoot..).
Her wedding dinner was on Friday. She sang with her dad, her parents and Matt's mom gave toasts, and we ate some amazing food. We went to her sealing on Saturday morning. It was beautiful. I love going to other peoples sealings because I don't remember a ton of mine! haha. There was a great spirit there and I'm so glad we got to be a part of it. In between the temple and the reception we went to my moms house to kill some time. We got to go see my cousin and her little twin boys that are getting cuter by the daySorry...I got side tracked. But can you blame me with this little guy :]
That night we went to her reception. I was a bridesmaid so we did pictures and then wandered around for a few hours while she greeted her guests. A ton of my friends from high school were there and it was so fun to spend time with them. It brought back a lot of great nights we used to have. The food line was out of control. I waited almost 40 minutes for a snow cone..was it worth it? Yes. All night Carly and I were so excited to light the place on fire with our dance moves. Which we did for all 4 songs. They didn't do a ton of dancing but what they did do revolved mostly around Kellee's niece Audrey. She's a born dancer for sure! I was told that some people were upset there weren't choreographed routines like there used to be in high school. I'm going on record saying that I would have been down for that. But even without that I had a incredible time. The entire day was flawless. I couldn't have had a better time. I love Kellee and welcome Matt into the family with open arms. They're perfect together. Here are some pics of their reception.

2 comments:

Kateka said...

You looked so gorgeous! I love those ice flower sculptures. So pretty. I wish I could have seen that little girl bust a move.

The Polsons said...

well.. All I can say is that I love you. Thanks for writing all those mice things about me..I may have cried a little bit. But there is one thing...Matt is confused, when you said he is "part of the family", does he go to the Barham reunion or the Clawson reunion??? Cant wait to play on friday!!!