Friday, September 14, 2012

Meet the Team

Since we are now loyal Real Salt Lake season ticket holders we got to go to Meet the Team Night! I didn't know how it was going to work since it was my first time. The players are all divided up so the "hot" sigs are all at different tables. They all had times they would be at their tables and times they would be in the club with the club seats. So you had to come up with a pretty good strategy if you wanted to get the majors before they shut the place down. Also, there are rules. One item signed per ticket (so David and I could do two sigs because Kyla doesn't actually hold a ticket), and no pictures with the players because it takes too long. Blow. But I totally would be pissed waiting for other people so I understand.

We started with Beckerman because we're smart.
 
 He was so great. He 'got Kyla's toes' and she wouldn't even smile at him. I however was so star struck I did nothing but smile at him. "Good work Beckerman!!" nope, just stared and smiled and tried to get Kyla to smile. He was definitely my favorite of the night.

Next was Rimando.

He was quieter then I expected. I always see him yelling his brains out at the players with his hands flying around but he must have been star struck with me because he just smiled. I don't think he said a word.

Those were the only players I seriously cared about but of course we waited for several more. Espindola had a funny sense of humor. They were selling Beckerman bobble heads that didn't look anything like Beckerman and as Espindola walked past the poster he said, "Kyle?" haha we laughed. Kyla blew a ton of kisses to Luis Gil so apparently I should pay more attention to him. Johnson was so friendly and asked me if my arms were dying from holding Kyla. They were so we totally had a bonding moment! Love him.

Kyla was super cuddly when we first got there because she didn't take a good nap yesterday and was feeling all cute and tired. That quickly turned into meltdown city. We hand fed her ravioli in the line for Rimando and I learned that carrying her around the whole time was the stupidest thing I ever thought I could do. Who's going to teach my kid to walk? It was still a fun time.




1 comment:

David and Liz Barham said...

Again, too lazy to sign you out so that this posts under my name. I love that Kyla was such a charmer with the players and even more that Reinaldo (??) was star struck be you. Who wouldn't be?

Ah! I'm nervous to see how your hair turned out, we just dyed it black and you're showering now!

-kateka