Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kyla Girl's 6 Month Check

I am so bad about posting about my daughter! Its cause things change so much I don't even know where to start so I get overwhelmed and then I don't post about her. haha Well she's great. Still getting plenty of food and killing the scales. Not rolling over yet the lazy girl. Technically she's 7 months old now but here are her 4 month and 6 month stats.
4 month-
weight-- 17lbs 15oz 99%
height--25.14 in  80%
head--41.4 cm  50%
Percentage weight to length 94%

6 month-
weight--20lbs 4oz 99%
height--26.4 in  76%
head--42.3 49%
Percentage weight to length 95%

Favorite things Kyla's doing currently:
Smacking her lips
Grabbing EVERYTHING (including my elbow when I'm changing her diaper)
Bouncing like a maniac in her zoo bouncer
Babbling her head off
Sitting on her own like the biggest girl ever.
Smiling every time she looks at me.
Smiling mid cry if I start singing "Baby Love"
Eating baby food like a champ
Making funny faces
Laughing at her dad all the time
Laughing when she hears me laugh
Staring and following you anywhere you walk (she just wants to know what's going on!)
Rubbing/scratching my leg while I feed her (she tries to get a good grip but settles to just rub it for me)
Loving bath time and her ducky
Chewing/sucking on everything
Getting out of her swaddle during naps and pulling Ellie the elephant that plays music over to her so she can chew on her. Then she laughs at me when I come into get her because I call her a ninja and laugh at how cute she is.
Loving books and smiling while I read to her/reaching out just to see what the book feels like
Cuddling with me after I feed or read to her. She's content just to sit back on my lap and hang out. Cherry on top she looks up at me every once in a while just to make sure I'm still there.
Laughing as I dance or sing to her. She loves music. Must be my kid.
Grabbing both her feet and then falling onto her side because she won't let go
Scream laughing
Kicking and flailing around when she's excited



Still hating her tummy haha

Overall she's just the best thing ever and I love all the little moments with her. Not a day goes by that she doesn't do something new that I laugh at. And not a day goes by that I don't thank Heavenly Father for trusting me to raise her.

2 comments:

Megs said...

I love this chubby baby!! Isn't it amazing how fast things change?! Excited to see you guys this weekend!!

Kateka said...

Happy 7 months to the sweetest little chub I've ever known. And she still has so much hair! I kept thinking it would fall out but she has held onto it like a champ.