Saturday, January 28, 2012

Christmas Time is...gone

If I would have done this post before Christmas I would have said...Christmas Time is Upon Us. But too little too late so here we are :].

Christmas was great at the Barham house. David and I decided to go in on another mutual gift for one another so we got an amazing popcorn maker. We're obsessed. 9:30 in the morning? Who cares, lets make popcorn. Extra butter. Perfect. Best gift we could have picked out. Also we both REALLY need new clothes so a shopping trip to Park City will be happening sometime before too long. Merry Christmas to us. Christmas this year was with my family. Christmas Eve was at my Aunt Chris' house. It was a lot of fun. Great food, great company, and great competitive round of Minute to Win it. Perfect night. Christmas morning we got up and hurried to Alec and Megan's house to see their little fam before we went to my mom's church. Jack was loving his gifts from Santa and even cooked me a mushroom, egg, and one potato chip from his new food set on his grill. How sweet is my nephew? I know. We went to church at my moms ward which is always fun to see the old hood. I do miss seeing those faces all the time! Then it was present opening time at my parents house. David got a Alton Brown cook book that he's in love with and I got some new clothes. Then mutually they gave us a diaper bag that I can actually fit Kyla's things in! YAY. (side note, David wanted a certain diaper bag which is fine but its little and she's only taking more things with her the older she gets so I complain about it all the time.) Win win because he can carry his and I'll carry mine :] And they also gave us a space heater that we've been using in Kyla's room. She's right above the garage and her room gets pretty cold at night so we've been keeping our heat up. Now we just turn this on low and keep her room at a comfortable 70 while our room is a brisk 62. Just the way we like it. Kyla woke up from her nap just in time and opened her gifts from Grandma and Grandpa. She LOVED....the paper from the presents. But who wouldn't, it was pretty. She did also love her gifts. Some cute clothes to droll and spit up all over and fun toys to chew on and get frustrated about how they don't really fit in your mouth right is a babies heaven right? David and I got Kyla a Zoo Jumperoo thing so she can bounce and play to her hearts content. She loves it. We also got her several books because we didn't really have any. I love the ones we got but how come kids books have to be so expensive! I didn't realize they were I guess. One little book with a total of 5 words is like 8 bucks. Killer. I need to get some more though because I have this great picture in my head of Kyla loving her books and reading them all the time. So what are your suggestions for must have kids books?? Anyhoo David and Kyla went and played at Ya-ya's (David's aunt Wendy who Kyla will call Ya-ya. No, Wendy is not Greek. She just wants to be called that. haha) house that night while I went to work. No exciting things from Christmas night in the ER. Just a lot of injuries from playing with new gifts and cousins. However, one boy came in and casually mentioned that him and his brother were wrestling and he rolled over on a butcher knife that just happened to be on the floor. No big deal.


My little sheep








Christmas PJ's!






So overall a lovely Christmas. I can't wait until next year when Kyla has a better idea of whats going on and is terrified of Santa :]

2 comments:

Megs said...

I love that you can't wait for kyla to be terrified by Santa! I was hoping Jack would really cry but he didn't...I am hoping Josh does next year. I think the crying pictures are the best. : )

Kateka said...

Merry Christmas to all and to all... it's like 300 days away. Your popcorn maker was like MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME. So yay, thank you. :)