Thursday, July 28, 2011
Dreaming
The other day Kyla was at my parents house being babysat...scratch that....loved and adored and she woke up from a dead sleep in what can only being described as a terror. My parents said she was crying a high pitched scream for a few seconds and then she went back to sleep. Bad dream? Its the only thing we can think of. Poor girl..breaks my little heart. So I was mentioning this to David's Aunt and Nana when his Aunt brought up an interesting thought. She said, "She was probably dreaming about her birth, its the only traumatic thing thats happened to her." I don't even know if she meant it the way I took it but it made me think...can you only dream about things that have happened to you or that you've seen and can imagine? I know dreams are weird and things happen that don't make sense in real life and stuff but it seems to me that they all draw from something and babies don't have much to draw from. For instance babies know nothing about kidnappers so could she have a scary dream about being kidnapped? Or is she just dreaming about her terrible week in the NICU or having to leave people she loved and come to earth? Interesting thought right? What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've heard that the physical stress one goes through while being birthed can never be matched by anything ever again (really though? REALLY?! Chemo treatments are less stressful on the body?! GIVING birth is not as bad as BEING birthed?) I don't know. It could have been one of those "facts" that's not a fact at all. But... I do think babies dream. I am not sure they can put events into their minds yet, since from what I've heard (which, what I've 'heard' could be total BS) they are mostly thinking of natural human needs, 'Hungry! Tired! Hungry!' So maybe she was having a physical pain of like a tummy ache, or I mean sometimes I get jabby stabs in my arm, or chest, or whatever that come from nowhere, so maybe she just had a random stabby pain. Hmmmm! I know! Teach Kyle to talk RIGHT NOW and she'll tell us what was up. :) But in all honesty, that's gotta be tough trying to figure out what makes her sad when she frowns, whimpers, screams, etc.
Post a Comment