Do you remember how stressed and nervous I've been at times recently with all the unknowns coming up in our life? Like this post. After receiving inspiration that it was time to start trying to get pregnant I let go of all the, "but what about..." and decided that the Lord knew the plan and I needed to trust in Him and His timing. But that's a hard thing for me to do. I'm a control freak and I like to know the plan and have it be what I feel is the best plan for that particular situation. Well with this pregnancy timing there were a few times that I wondered why this was the right timing. I was still going to have to work full time and who was going to watch our child and how were we going to be able to afford everything and what if I didn't appreciate all the little moments with her because I was so stressed with life. I never wanted to look back and regret any time I missed out on with her or things I didn't appreciate when I had them and I was afraid with working full time and being exhausted that I might. So I stressed about everything. I kept reminding myself to have Faith and know that as long as David and I were doing what was right the Lord would absolutely take care of us and we would be blessed. Those stresses have a way of creeping back into your mind though don't they? Well everything has worked out so well I just have to share my story of Faith in hopes to uplift anyone that might be going through a trying time and wondering if the Lord is really there and going to take care of you.
A while back I felt so unprepared. I kept thinking, "we have nothing for the nursery and nothing we would need to take care of her and we really don't have that long left!" David wasn't nearly as worried as I was. Finally one day we had a long talk and decided we would look around at some furniture options and we would buy something that day. So we looked at different options and talked about our budget and decided what we would be able to get. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but it would do. We went to Babies-R-Us to finish our registration and while we were there we went back to look at the bedroom furniture we had registered for. It was a three piece set (crib, changing table, and dresser) which was what would be my ideal but I knew we couldn't afford it. Then we noticed a few signs around the crib set that had different sales going on and such. Long story short we ended up getting the set we wanted for 60% off the retail price. That began the little blessings. Next, David got a promotion at work and got a little raise. Then we found some deals on KSL.com that saved us a ton of money on some essentials. After that I had 2 amazing baby showers where friends and family were more then generous and we received a ton of things we needed and a lot of things that just made us excited to have this babygirl coming so soon. Last but not least, I got a new job. A part time job with hours that will allow me to watch babygirl during the day and have David watch her at night. No babysitter/daycare needed, which is exactly what we had been praying for. On top of getting this new job, my new boss was willing to hold it for me until I'm done with my maternity leave. Who hires someone and then has to get someone else to do a temp shift there for 3 months before the new girl starts? I know, for a fact, that the Lords hands were in all of this. I now look back and regret not enjoying my pregnancy more and I think there is a life lesson in here somewhere. :] What I learned was, there is a lot in this life that we don't have control over. You do as much as you can and the Lord will do the rest. What a huge lesson of Faith and handing over the reins to Heavenly Father knowing that He is in complete control and, for lack of a better term, always has your back. He will never fail you. I know this new shift will be a huge adjustment from what I'm doing currently but another thing that has continued to occur to David and me is that, nothing is permanent. This is what we need right now for this chapter of our lives. The biggest thing I learned is, I'm not going to let any moments pass me by because I'm so scared of the unknown or too caught up in...life. I'm so happy that my Heavenly Father taught me this lesson. I'm blessed.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So blessed! I'm happy that things are working out for your new little family! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!
Thank you for sharing Liz! Sometimes I feel like the Lord doesn't hear me but I know he does and I know he loves me and there are lessons to be learned and that things happen in his time. And like you said, as long as we are doing all we can and working hard, he will take care of the rest. Thank you again for sharing your testimony. It has strengthened me!
Thank you Liz! Could you get any better? I think not! Beautiful testimony, you inspire me.
Oh Liz. You need to have a warning on your posts! I got all emotional. ;) For reals. I love you to pieces and I am so glad things have worked out so well for you and your fam. Reading this I am really hoping that I'm in mind, too. We've talked before about my struggles, and the last few weeks I have really been waiting for something to happen for us that tells us everything is and will be OK. Thanks for posting this. I guess I have to be patient (not one of my best attributes)!!!
Love you!!!
Post a Comment