Saturday, June 4, 2011

Compression Stockings

Due to having these...
I had to get some of these... ..so I don't get blood clots. I know you're probably getting sick of hearing about my swollen ankles but I still get shocked everytime I see how big they actually get so I'm not done talking about them. Since I elevate them so much when I'm home and I sleep with a pillow under my feet at night they look relatively normal in the mornings. By the time I'm done with work I fully have thankles (instead of cankles). My dr recommended compression stockings because with them getting so big you can get blood clots. So like the true 92 year old I am, I got some. Let me tell you about putting them on for the first time. Their compression stockings right, so they're tight needless to say. But really compression stockings? I'm pretty much to the point where I cannot tie my own shoes so after about 30 seconds of trying to put them on myself David knew he needed to help me. So I sat there with my foot out and ready as he tried to pull the sock on my fat foot. It wasn't happening and I was afraid it was going to rip or run or something so he rolled them all the way to the toe before putting them on to try that method. 30 minutes later I was crying I was laughing so hard and he was still fighting with all his might to get them on in the right position and so they weren't bunched anywhere. There was pinching of my feet and legs as he tried to get some extra material to pull up with no avail. We eventually got them on far enough that I don't really care where the seams are and where they're supposed to be. Either way they're squeezing the crap out of my feet and ankles and thats enough. David said I'm never allowed to take them off now. Hope they look good with my shorts. I feel like I could play some really good shuffle board right now so I'm going to go change into my miu miu and I'll catch you guys later.

4 comments:

Kateka said...

HHAHHAHAHA. Oh Liz. My darling. This is so hilarious, but so sad. When I first saw the picture of your feet, I was so shocked I had to show Stu. Is that mean? Sorry, if so. Anyway, I hope these compression socks work!! I'll take you in a miu miu and playing shuffle board, and heck, I'll even wheel you around in a wheel chair and give you a home perm, versus having blood clots!

jkzank said...

Ha ha ha ha!!! I love it! Please wear a miu miu for me! I would love you forever and a day! Man, baby girl is doing a number on her Mama! Hang in there love.

Laura Edwards said...

Ha! I just love ya! I am sure they are just darling! Just remember you have only a few more weeks... you can do it!

Jaclyn said...

I could totally help you out in the whole "putting on" the stockings because technically I am a professional! I put compression stockings on almost all the residents at the home every day. There are tricks to gettin' those squeezy socks on that only a nurse's aide can know hahaha. I love how I'm bragging about my expertise of old people socks! Lame! BTW I am beyond excited to meet baby Barham!!