Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tunnel of Terror

Saturday night we went to a Halloween party at my friend Kellee's house. David and I are not huge Halloween people, I have to be honest. We've never dressed up together before and as I learned on Saturday, David has never carved a pumpkin. Ridiculous right? Is he American? Its unsure at this point. We put together a couple pretty stupid costumes and headed over. We ate dinner and carved pumpkins. We actually had a pumpkin carving contest. We lost. Don't worry the winners cheated. Sahar and Jake carved 2 pumpkins. When the messed up on their first one they just stole a extra pumpkin and started over. No one noticed in the frenzy of carving but we noticed later when we were cleaning up. Sas and Jake had already left with their prize but we still took the title of "pumpkin carving champs" away from them. Ha. We played a candy bar game. I ended up with a great old bag of....air. I was not in the competitive mood I'm normally in that night. After we played the candy bar game Kellee brought up the Tunnel of Terror. Its a local car wash that turns the car wash into...well...a Tunnel of Terror..for Halloween. No one wanted to go but me and Kell so we went. Alone. We were laughing and so stoked the entire drive up there. Once we pulled in we paid and the lady taking our money kinda hyped us up for what we had in store. She said "Its really foggy in there isn't it. The mental hospital lent us all their patients for a night. Make sure you keep your windows up because they might take a little bite if they get the chance...muahahahahaha." Kellee and I were beyond excited. We couldn't wait to tell everyone what they missed by sitting it out. We pulled up and some man with a glow stick guided us onto the belt. I couldn't really tell where my little car was because there were no lights on and a techno colored ball flashing blinding lights at my face. He tapped my window and I jumped. He told me I just needed to put my car in neutral and let off the brake. Ok. We started moving in and the glow in the dark soap was applied. 2 minutes later nothing other then a normal car wash had happened. My car was getting cleaned in the dark. Really? That's not a Tunnel of Terror. That's a car wash that has a light bulb out. I'll tell you where they didn't have a light bulb out...the disco balls. I had a migraine the second we pulled in there. It wouldn't let up with its incessant flashing in my bloody face. Calm down would you? Half way through Kellee and I decided we needed to start making some really scary stuff up so we could still make everyone jealous. We're talking about all the scary people that we would say were crawling over my car and out of no where some man with a scream mask on and a glow stick hit my window. I screamed. And then I peed my pants because that was it? Congrats Tunnel of Terror. You are by far the lamest..uh...haunted car wash I've ever been to. At least we got a great story out of it.

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Ha, ha, ha. Amazing. At first I am thinking, "Oh how cute! Silly little car wash place wants to get in the festive spirit!" But then I am thinking, "Boo! I can't believe Silly little car wash place is trying to commercialize over Halloween!! rip off!" Good story, good story. :)

htasker said...

Really? David has never carved a pumpkin? He must have been deprived as a child! Love the car wash story. My boys would have loved it anyway. :)