Thursday, November 18, 2010
My Life is Over
Thats my over dramatic statement for the day. I not having the best of days. I had to go to court this morning for one (of my 3!) tickets. I felt great about court today. I felt like it would go smoothly and I would get what a wanted. All I wanted was traffic school. The lovely prosecutor vetoed that real quickly. We became best friends instantly. (Jerk) I had to just pay the ticket and get the points on my licence. Anyways, its over and I am glad about that. Nothing can ruin my good mood faster then thinking about the court dates I have coming up. 1 down, 1 to go. I'm going to tell you what I learned through all this. Sometimes in life you learn lessons the hard way. You might of thought I learned from the 1st or 2nd tickets I received but I hadn't. It took 3. When I got my 3rd ticket I was a hot mess. I bawled for hours over what kind of idiot gets 3 tickets in 4 months. I bawled because our insurance is going to go up and it's my fault. Poor David didn't ask for this. Luckily, I have the best husband in the world. He was the one telling me it was ok. He was the one telling me we'd be just fine. He was the one saying he's not mad at me and to stop crying already. Since then I have changed the way I drive. I don't care that you are riding my tail because this is the speed I'm going to go so get over it. I could have made that light but I would have been pushing it so I stopped. I don't regret making the decisions I've made because it led me to the place I'm in now. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for those tickets so I'm glad I got them. However, I wouldn't mind not getting another one....ever. Plus its not all bad, its still working out better then I thought it would from the beginning and I have a good friend to thank for that. I'm thankful for that friend and I'm thankful for learning my lesson the hard way. Here is my advice to all 4 of my readers, drive in such a way that you won't be nervous if you see a cop. You're life will be so much simpler then mine is currently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Aaaaaah. I need to register my car. I am driving around irregally (for some weird reason Stu likes to say iRRegal instead of iLLegal, so no, that's not a typo) right now. You've motivated me. I'll do it asap!
I hope the rest of your court days go well. Good luck honey.
Third time's the charm, eh?
I'm proud of my Lizzy-Lou for putting on her big girl undies and learning such big lessons from all of this. (I'd still be bawling!)
Just pretend that Noah is in your backseat, then I KNOW you will drive like a champ! GOOD LUCK!
Sounds like a metaphor just waiting to be used in a Sunday School lesson. I had no idea you had a blog. Thank you for sharing this. Plus, we need to hang soon!
Post a Comment