Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Can I offer you some....salad dressing?

Or any other condiment for that matter? I have a confession. I haven't been grocery shopping for over a year. Here and there we'll go by the store and buy whatever we need or just the basic carton of milk but actual grocery shopping? Nope. David and I went through the fridge last Sunday. I went through it not that long ago but this time David was involved and he was ruthless. We threw away 2 garbage sacks worth of old and expired food. (3 if you count the freezer) Afterwords our fridge looked like this...
Yep. Whats the point of having a huge fridge if we're not going to fill it, you might ask? Well, maybe someday we'll fill it. Dream big people. The drawers look like they're full but let me tell you...in the left drawer those are apples that dear Kateka left at our house. In the right drawer those are my brother in law Jacob's carrots and a sack of potatoes that my mother in law Kelly brought up from her garden. The eggs are leftover from the Burger Bar. The crescent rolls on top are my brother in laws. However, the Pepto? All mine baby. Help yourself. I guess all I can offer is some ice cold water and my great company. Come over anytime :]

7 comments:

Kateka said...

Wow! Who knew that an empty fridge can be so amusing... Seriously, I laughed at the image. What on earth do you guys eat?? Obviously not my yummy apples. Ha, ha. ;)

Shelli said...

Why in the world do you refrigerate your pepto you weirdo? Pepto on the rocks? I'm with Kateka...what do you eat? (Besides pepto of course).

jkzank said...

Well, your ice cold water is pretty dang good!

htasker said...

Wow, Im impressed that you can survive without grocery shopping! I hate grocery shopping (especially now that I have to haul 3 screaming kids along) but I have to go once a week! Ugh!

Unknown said...

Fast food nation?

The Polsons said...

I love you for your weird fridge..I love your water, and your company as wells. But, if you could just give me the salad dressing with a side of mustard..I think that will do..maybe a pickle? Thanks BIZZAH

Gentry said...

i'm so glad you blogged about your FRIDGE :)