In Young Women's I had a leader named Camille. She's a fun, loving, bright individual who I.....clashed with. You expected me to say loved didn't you? Tricked ya. The truth is that I was a loud and obnoxious girl who totally got in the way of her personal progress activities. Well we didn't clash for long. I learned to be a little quieter and she learned how to "handle" me. :] Soon my friend Catherine and I were visiting her house once a week to eat her food and talk about our teenage lives. She always listened to our incessant babble and even loved our stories. (or at least pretended to) We would screen the guys she was thinking about dating and weed out the ones we thought weren't good enough for her. There were a lot that weren't good enough for her, let me tell you. She supported us through all our marriages and just on Friday got married herself! She asked the old gang if we'd help at her reception. Of course we were there! The reception was at my old ward building. I'll try to explain how darling her reception was. She had old barn wood boxes that acted like your tray for your food. Inside we stuffed the lyrics to- A Bushel and a Heap-and you put your pie plate in there as well. You had to watch for slivers but I loved the style of it. There were 5 kinds of pies and they were all delicious! The pie was on these darling china plates that Camille had found at vintage and thrift shops from all over so they were different patterns. I loved them. So her style. We scooped pie out all night like it was no ones business. I had so much fun with the old crew of girls. We were missing Catherine though and it was kinda heartbreaking she couldn't make it. Camille has deserved everything she has now for years and I'm so glad she's with a wonderful guy who loves her and realizes what a catch she is. She's got a light inside her that is unmatchable and I love her. Here are some fun pictures from the night.

Beautiful Camille and the girls. Camille is the one not wearing the apron ;]


Gorg Nicole and me
Erin and me showing off the pie we spent all our time with. Aren't we cute :]
1 comment:
Liz, how is it possible that your hair has grown THAT much since you've last cut it. I can hardly believe it! This wedding looks so cute, and you look so cute at it!
Post a Comment