Monday, May 17, 2010

The Last Song

I've fallen in love with another man. I still love David as much as I ever did (thats a lot, trust me) but someone new has stolen a little piece of my heart. His name? Nicholas Sparks. Yes, the author. I've only read 2 of his books but he's incredible. I read Dear John right before the movie came out. The book was, in my opinion, better then the movie. Isn't that the way it always is? The movies made from Nicholas Sparks books are pretty great though. The Notebook anyone??
Recently my friend Abby asked me to go to a movie with her. She asked if I wanted to see The Last Song. I didn't know much about it but I'm always down for a good chick flick. The movie was so cute. I actually like Miley Cyrus in it and lets be honest the boy that plays Will is not too bad to stare at for a couple hours. (Miley and the actor that plays Will are actually dating in real life now. Way to go Miley, I hope you guys live happily ever after just because of how cute you two are in the movie.) Anyways, Abby and I both cried our little eyes out during the movie. Abby's prego, whats my excuse? It was great. My friend Shelli's cute mom Pam asked if I wanted to borrow her book to read it. She heard I liked Dear John and thought I'd like this one too. It was a little backwards reading the book after I saw the movie but at least I didn't go into the movie with any expectations. I loved the movie but I LOVED the book. It was so well written. Nicholas Sparks has a way of grabbing my little face and gluing it to the book until I finish. I would have cried at the book too probably but I read the saddest part when I was at work and there are enough crying kids at my work already.

David and I have a vacation coming up (I'll blog about that soon) and I'm so tempted to buy another Nicholas Sparks book to take on the plane but I'm afraid that once I get into it I wont want to put it down and then I'd be a terrible travel buddy. Who flies to another state just to read a book? Anyways I recommend this book and any other Nicholas Sparks book to anyone with a heart.

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Oh puke. Nicolas Sparks makes me gag!! Just kidding just kidding. I actually ADORE the notebook. And really, I should give one of his books a shot. It's not fair for me to gag over him when I haven't even read his work! Oh, and I liked a WALK TO REMEMBER too.

Amy Kay said...

Oh! I read this book while I was in Mexico recently...it only took me 4 days!!! I loved that it was more about daddy daughter then anything. Kateka...you totally should read it! I recommend this book for sure!