David-- "Liz, what do you love more then Christmas?"
Liz-- "The Playoffs, why?"
David-- "What if I told you I had tickets to tomorrows playoff game?"
Liz-- "You WHAT!!! Oh my gosh, I've never been to a playoff game before. This is incredible. You're lying aren't you, tell me the truth. Oh my hell I just peed a little."
David-- "Well you haven't even heard about where we're sitting yet"
Liz-- "Oh I so don't even care. I'll sit in the bloody rafters as long as I get to be there I really don't care."
David-- "Well you should care because what if I told you they were on Row 1."
Liz-- "WHAT, now I know you're lying. How on earth, what the, you've got to be joking. Oh my gosh I'm dying, I'm dying. I'm dead. I'm peeing a little bit. How on earth did you get those seats???"
David-- "My work gave them to me. Are you still having a bad day?"
Liz-- "No, no of course not. I'm having the best day ever!"
David-- "Ok well the dinner, parking, and everything is included so it'll be fun"
Liz-- "Fun is the biggest understatement I've ever heard. Ok see you later. love you bye."
So I layed on the couch in my pajamas head to toe with my 2 blankets and smiled to myself for like 2 hours. Then I got this phone call.
David-- "Liz, I have some really bad news"
Liz-- "What?"
David-- "Well when I was telling my boss about the tickets they gave us, he asked the other 2 guys if they wanted to go and when they said no he said it would just be me and him then. I thought he would give them to me and let me take you like they have in the past but he really wants to go with it being a playoff game and everything so I'm sorry babe I can't take you."
Liz--"You, he, what??" (insert crying liz babble here) (oh yes I said crying)
David-- "Babe I'm so so so sorry. You know what you take my ticket. You go with my boss, he wouldn't mind. I'm so sorry I got your hopes up for our fun date night. You go with my boss."
Liz-- "Why would I want to go with your boss. That sounds terrible. No you go. I'm not mad at you I'm just upset at my.....life." (more crying nonsense)
David--"I feel so bad. I never should have said anything. I'm sorry, I'm a terrible husband."
Liz-- "No you go and have fun. I'll just watch it at home by myself. I'm ok I swear."
Bless Abby's heart for going to a movie with me after work and bless Gentry's heart because she came over and kept me company that night. We saw David on TV of course because he was row 1 right behind the home sides basket. Look at this shot and tell me if you think he's sorry about leaving me in the dust...

3 comments:
Ha, ha, ha. Oh poor Liz. That stinks. I know things will be better. Trust me. I know it. :)
And I helped take your mind off it with a movie... Dont forget that! Haha...
Love you!
Abby
I was at the game too!! But I was in the bloody rafters!! Stinkin David! You and I are going to go next time!! And we're going to be the jazz dancers!! Eat our dust!! Sound good?
Post a Comment