Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tales from the ER

Here I go. My first "tales from the ER". Tonight has been the busiest night in my ER career. On top of that I have seen a lot of people that I know actually. Not a place you want to see people you know. We had a ambulance with a pt having an "oob" out of body episode. Try banding that. Not easy. We've had two assaults and what seems like a million "abd px" abdominal pain. Mostly tonight more then crazy get ya talking type patients, we've had a lot more scary cases that make me sad. I had a dad come running in with his son having a seizure. After a while of the drs working with him they marked him as a code red (the worst) and transferred him to primarys via life flight. Breaks my heart. It's my first red but from what I've heard not many reds make it. I hope this little boy does. We had a little boy with a "ha" headache and slurred speech. Not normal people, if your child ever slurs their words...dr immediately. We had a little boy post op (you know what that means right...post surgery) that was having an allergic reaction to the pain meds. Throw in a few dog bites, broken limbs, and headaches/fevers and you have my night. Whew. Not quite done but almost.


In other news, my car is in the shop for like the gazillionth time. Please bless it gets fixed for real for real this time. I can't take it anymore. I have a million...or 3...training things coming up at work including one that will make my work day 17 hours. Seriously? And Kyla apparently laughed at David for the first time tonight. Definitely something I wanted to miss. Ah well, I'm sure she'll do it again soon. There's my rant for tonight. May be back tomorrow night for another sesh. Xoxo

1 comment:

Kateka said...

Wouldn't it be crazy if you had to tag the oob's spirit or whatever? Ha. Crazy.

Those stories really are sad. I hope that little boy made it.

Sad or crazy, I love your stories.

I am sure the laugh Kyla gave David won't be even close to the laugh she gives you for the first time.