Monday, February 7, 2011

Ultrasound

We had our ultrasound today to check the spine. It looked great. They ended up checking everything while they were at it. Everything looks perfectly healthy. I am so relieved...and exhausted. I didn't even realize how exhausted I was from worrying all the time. I feel better and I'm kinda just waiting for it to really set in. They said that sometimes being an insulin dependent diabetic can elevate those proteins as well. I was like "Why didn't you tell me that before!" Since everything looked good I asked the Dr if being diabetic was most likely the reason the test came back a little high and he said yes. I wish I would have known that but oh well, I'm just glad its over and everything was good.

We also got some exciting news! Its a GIRL! We were surprised because we both kinda felt like it was a boy but nope, its a little girl and we're thrilled! The ultrasound tech said she looked "pretty". I'm not sure how she could tell that by looking at her skeleton but I'll take it! Hopefully she will be :]

I will scan in some of the ultrasound pictures later. I just wanted to post that everything looks great and thank everyone so much for your thoughts and prayers. I have received a lot of peace and comfort and I'm sure some of it is because of the prayers offered in our behalf so thank you.

6 comments:

jkzank said...

She's more than "pretty." I'm positive that she is gorgeous and perfect in every way! I am SO excited about you're sweet baby girl, you are going to love it!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Im so excited for you!! Girls are SO much fun!!

The Shurtleffs said...

I'm so glad to see this! I wanted to tell you today when you called that I was thinking of you and hoping everything went well. But then you said you had a patient. :P duh.

But I'm glad everything looks great and that you're having a baby girl!! Congrats!

I soooooooo want to find out what we're having ASAP!

Laura Edwards said...

Wow! What a relief. And a girl? How awesome Is that?! CONGRATS!

Tyson and Taylor Beaman said...

yay! Baby girl Barham. She will be gorgeous. I am so glad everything is ok. Can't wait to meet her. We need to get together asap!

Kateka said...

I am so happy about this news. I still can't get over the fact that they missed that "minor" detail. Your baby girl is going to be gorgeous, I can't wait to meet her. Please be sure to tell her again how sorry I am that I swore in that email to you.