Growing up I had a love for dance unlike anything else. It was my favorite thing to do. I could put every emotion I was feeling into my movement and it was the best release ever. I had a dance teacher named Danny who meant the world to me. He was full of energy and spunk. He made me laugh, he inspired me to dance harder, better, and to push myself daily. He had a light that I haven't seen matched in anyone else. He died on Oct 11, 2004. His life was cut so short and I find myself missing him from time to time wondering what he'd be doing if he was still here. One thing I know for sure is he'd be dancing.Some of my favorite memories of Danny include....
Laughing at his hair plugs and having him tell us "Its a long story, stop staring at them!"
Driving next to him on the way home one night and him looking over at the carpool of girls I was with and lifting a huge dumbbell up in his front seat just casually without changing his facial expression.
The rewinding sounds he would make if he wanted us to go back to the beginning of a dance.
Him losing the keys to the rental van is Disneyland. What was he doing? Cartwheels down main street.
Him getting me a second audition for the Olympics because my blood sugar was so low in my first he said I looked like a ghost. He was the only reason I was in the opening and closing ceremonies.
Singing at his funeral, surrounded by all the dancers lives he had touched. "The wind beneath my wings"
Danny, I miss you all the time. I know you are teaching dance where ever you are. Love you.
Daniel Booth Thompson 1964 ~ 2004 On June 26, 1964 , Joseph M. And Colleen Booth Thompson brought the world a gift of love, laughter and light. He suddenly left our lives on October 11, 2004, due to complications following an auto accident. Danny was a consummate entertainer on and off the stage. His talents were many! Like no other, he genuinely touched the lives of all who knew him. Danny attended Orem schools, graduating from Orem High School in 1982. He served an LDS mission to Paris, France. He married his dear friend, Catherine Smith, of Roy, Utah, later divorced. Danny will be deeply missed. His vibrant spirit will never be replaced. Dan loved without condition, accepted without judgment and cared without hesitation. Danny was a gifted teacher, leader and choreographer. His profession, Thompson Lane Entertainment, was his passion. Danny and our family would like to express gratitude and love to his students and our friends for the love, memories and joy that we have shared together. You'll always be in our hearts. He is survived by his daughters, Lindsea, Caitlyn and Chloe, who were the loves of his life. Brothers: Craig, Michael (Penny), Joseph (Marianne) Sisters: Cathy (Chris) Bassett, Sheri (Dennis) Hogue, Terri Thompson-Lewis. And many nieces, nephews and cousins. He was preceded in death by his parents and one younger brother, Steven. Funeral services will be held Saturday, October 16, 2004, at 11:00 a.m.
Here is what I wrote in his online guest book right after he passed....
October 15, 2004
Dear Roz, Josie, Kaycee, Brooke, the MANY students of Danny past and present, and Danny's family,
Danny influenced my life so much and he will truly be missed by anyone that ever heard him laugh or saw his smile. He gave me the inspiration I needed in my life and pushed me with my dancing. He will always be loved and he is always with us. Feel free to e-mail me if you need anything!
Liz
People continued to write in this book for years and here is what I wrote in 2008.....
May 15, 2008
Today I have been completely overcome with emotion. I think about Danny very often but today I have this overwhelming ache of missing him. His smile and laugh. His jokes and funny sounds he would make while we were dancing. He was responsible for making me smile everytime I was at Thompson Lane. He encouraged my love and passion for dance everyday. He means so much to me. I love him dearly. What an honor it was to be a part of his life. When we meet again Danny I expect I will meet the amazing dancers you have taught in heaven. You have inspired me to make the most out of life. I got married last year and not being able to share that with you and dance with you killed me but I know you were there. I love you forever and ever!
Liz

1 comment:
Hey! He kind of looks like Aaron Eckhart from the DARK KNIGHT. Don't you wish that after a certain amount of time, the pain of missing someone would go away? Ah, maybe that is actually a bad idea though, because the pain of missing them comes from remembering the good times with them. I am sorry you lost him. He seemed really neat. PS. THANKS SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME COME OVER yesterday. What would I do without you? Oh, I know. I'd die! Then you could miss me too. ;)
Post a Comment