Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No Sugar..day 10

Whew I've made it 10 days!! This is a huge accomplishment for me and I'm amped on telling everyone (even the strangers I check in for surgery) that I'm still going strong! The worlds most recent attempts to bring me down include but aren't limited to
1. Starbursts for my primary kids.
Everyday I ask David to take them to work and everyday I come home and they're sitting on my counter. Thanks a lot husband for trying to tempt me. But you haven't gotten me yet!
2. Trips to Starbucks with Gentry in the morning.
On slow mornings at the hospital Gentry and I sometimes run to Starbucks in the U hospital. I do love a good peppermint hot chocolate. Lately I've been going with Gentry just for the walk over there :]
3. Chocolate covered pretzels in SDS
Today at work I was walking down to the cafeteria with a coworker of mine when another coworker asked if I would get her a treat while I was down there. Being the nice person I ALWAYS am I said yes. She gives me some money and asked for chocolate covered pretzels. At first I approved of this request because I don't really like pretzels so it doesn't tempt me...but after 10 days of no sugar I'm about ready to eat dirt if it would satisfy the craving so the second I saw the chocolate covered pretzels I almost ripped the bag open right then and there. I take them back up to her and she opens them to share with everyone. Thanks a lot Annie. I was seriously talking to myself constantly "Liz, you've made it 10 days and if you even eat one of those pretzels right now you'll have to start all over! You can't tell people one day that you've made it 10 days and then the next day say you're on day 1 again. That would suck. Does it taste as good as skinny feels? Does it taste as good as skinny feels? Yes YES Y.E.S. it would taste as good...no no Liz it wouldn't. Pull yourself together." I had a pretty good handle on myself and then I went over to turn the Ipod up and the bag of pretzels was right next to it. I got a big old whiff of chocolate and I swear I've never smelled anything so appealing in my life! I'm VERY happy to tell you though I ran the other direction..literally ran and I didn't eat any of them! I sound so stupid when I talk about it, but I am ridiculously proud of myself so thanks for listening to my craziness!

2 comments:

Tyson and Taylor Beaman said...

I am proud of you! You are much stronger than I am! Keep up the good work.

Kateka said...

You astound me!