Sunday, September 12, 2010

Didn't you recognize my.......eyelashes?

The other day I was running errands and I had to go to the bank to deposit a check. I went in to the bank because the check had my maiden name on it and it requires my social security number and stuff in order to deposit it. I waited in line for a minute and then the next open teller calls me to his window. The conversation went like this...

Me- "I need to deposit this check. Here's my account number and my drivers license. The name on the check is my maiden name so I can give you my social if you need it."
Charles- "Well I could tell you were a (maiden name) by your eyelashes."
Me- "haha oh really?" Then I start thinking about how sketch that comment is. What? Thats so random.
Charles- "Well, I'm assuming. Alec? Is he your brother?"
Me- "Yes, Alec is my brother. How do you know him?"
Charles- "From Church."
Me- "Really? How long ago was that?" (my brother hasn't gone to church in years)
Charles- "Well middle school and high school days. I went to the same church he went to. Not the same ward but my ward shared his building."

Keep in mind its my building too, I'm wondering at this point why he's talking to me like I know nothing about this building or the ward that shared my church building growing up.

Me- "Oh ok. So you probably know (this person) and (this person) and probably (this person) too right?"
Charles- "Well, no. I guess how I really knew him was from ward ball."

Ok, all those people I named played ward ball with Alec every single week so I have no idea whats going on in this guys head. Its obvious he's a weirdo at this point.
He finishes my transaction and its just kinda awkward at this point so I say

Me- "Well thats cool, do you want me to tell him hi from you?"
Charles- "Um, well, no. He probably wouldn't know. I'm not sure, it was a long time ago. He probably wouldn't remember. He'd probably recognize my voice but..."
Me- "Ok. Thanks. See ya."

He'd recognize your voice?? Hahahaha. Lets talk about the creepiest parts of this conversation.

1. You knew I was a (maiden name) by my eyelashes. Not by the fact I just told you that was my maiden name on the check or the fact the Alec and I look alike in any other way. Just our eyelashes. Ok.
2. You didn't know anyone else that played ward ball at that church except my brother.
3. He wouldn't recognize your name or face like a normal person but he'd recognize your voice.

How many times was this boy checking my bro out and staring deeply into his eyelashes? And how many times was he calling him late at night and not identifying himself so that Alec would recognize his creepy voice but not his name? Hahaha

Just another crazy day in my life. Needless to say I had a good old laugh about this and immediately called my brother to ask if he knew Charles. He didn't. We just laughed at him my entire drive home. I'm planning my next trip to the bank. I'll go through the drive through and pray its Charles at the window. I'll say "Charles? Is that you? Its Liz. I recognized your voice. Its Liz. You don't remember me? Come out here I'll show you my eyelashes."

7 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

Haha!! That is a crazy story! Creepy, yet crazy.

The Millers said...

haha...I don't know why, but that struck me SO funny!! I am full on laughing. What a creeper!!!!

Megs said...

This is seriously the funniest thing I have ever heard!! Should i be nervous that some bank dude is possibly stalking my husband??!! Maybe you should steer clear of the bank for awhile!! : )

Kateka said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Liz, you are so funny. I loved this post. I laughed my guts up.

The Polsons said...

Im so sorry, but I love Charles right now..he sounds like a super creepy sweetheart. I loved this story...I'm coming with you to the bank next time you go, and I'm going to say "hey..Charles...I don't know if you remember me..its been a while, but you used to play ball with Alec... you have changed so much! i only recognized by your voice!" how does that sound. totally believable!

nicole said...

hahaha sooo funny!

Kateka said...

Ha, ha. Oh Liz. This is the best ever. You are so popular. :)