Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Circus!

For my birthday my mom bought David and I tickets to the Circus. I have been to one circus before with my mom years ago but don't remember much. Pretty much the only thing I remember the kissing clown that had a sign around his neck that said "Kisses 25cents". I can't remember if he actually did kiss my mom or if he just acted like he was going to but I was so scandalized. I was like "Hey my dad, her HUSBAND, could totally take you clown. Back off." This time I saw no such clown so don't worry.

We went down a little before it started because "a little birdie" told me that you could go walk around the animals and stuff. But they either didn't do it for our show or somehow we completely missed all the elephants. Just so you know my opinion on the matter, I don't think we just missed them. Well we got a couple hot dogs and we started walking to our seats. When we get to our row I ask David which seat numbers. He said we were in 4 and 5. Well someone homeboy was sitting in 5. So I start walking into the row and homeboy knew he wasn't in his seat so he saw me and started moving down. I went in the row first and he only moved a seat down so I had to sit next to him. He was all in my space. Then he stands up with his butt right in my face and is asking all the people sitting on the other side of him and the row behind us (turns out they were all family) where he's supposed to go. Then he turns to us and says "I think I'm in the wrong place." So we let him by and finished eating our hot dogs which I personally enjoyed a lot more without homeboy all up in my grill. But this family didn't stop annoying us. They were so loud and grandma or whoever she was behind us was shouting at everyone to let her see their tickets. "Yep portal X, portal X, and portal....W? Why are they in W? They should be with all of us, we're all right here so they should be here too. Oh here's the problem...row 20. Oh you're on row 20. Ok. Well I don't know." She was so obnoxious. Then closer to the show starting the guy that was on the other side of homeboys empty seat moved down next to me. I'd like to give him a name since we got so close during the Circus so from now on in this post we shall call him Bubba. So Bubba moves down next to me. His knee was touching mine but he didn't seem phased by it. He was a pretty big guy. Around this time I was like "David I'm going to need some dip-n-dots stat" While David was gone to buy me some dip-n-dots Bubba gets up and asks me "Excuse me mam...er....miss." Yes, Bubba was very polite. He didn't come back for, I swear, half an hour. The Circus started without him. It all made sense when he did come back because he had churros and popcorn and everything under the sun. Meanwhile grandma behind me has a child on her lap and she's oooohhhhhhing and aaaaahhhhhhing at everything. "Look at that. See that. Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh thats so cool." Around this time I made a decision that I had to change my attitude or this terrible family was going to rain on my Circus. So I started paying attention to everything that was going on on the floor.

It was a great show full of tight ropes, trampolines, motorcycles in a cage, elephants, tigers and of course, a surplus of clowns. My favorite things were....
7 motorcycles in one little cage.
I don't understand how someone came up with that idea. It was a family that did it at the Circus. Some random Sunday afternoon Grandpa was probably like "Lets all get on our bikes and then see how many we can fit in this little metal cage. Lets try 8. Ok Spencer died so maybe next time we should only do 7. Its all about trial and error guys. He sacrificed for the better of the family." It was still really cool to watch.

The elephants. They were so freaking cute.

And my personal favorite
Did you just die a little. That baby elephant was so adorable. I'd take her home with me.
Here are some other fun pictures from the day

Sorry for the extreme length of this post. I just had so much to tell you about my fun filled day. Thanks for the tickets mom...other then that great family we sat next to it was a wonderful afternoon!

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Rain on my Circus... love it. You never cease to make me laugh.

Shelli said...

I'm a big fan of the explanation of the audience that is 20 minutes long.... The explanation of the circus...2 seconds. LOVE it. and LOVE you! The grandma with a kid on her lap wasn't my mom and Ty was is? They were there. If you're talking about them I am SO telling her that you trash-talked her internet-style! Haha! Love you girl! Noah says Yo!